Hello all, so I have two new cards to share with you today. Let’s jump right into it.
I was on a kick with the Wendy Vecchi embossing paste and stencils. I just couldn’t get enough. Anywho, I thought I’d share these cards. I love the way both of them turned out.
On a very different note, I’ve been sick but was fortunate enough to have a phone interview today that must have went pretty well since I have a face to face interview next Tuesday. I’m super nervous and am really hoping to get this job…so wish me luck!
Hi there! I have 5 cards to share now, that I’ve already taken pictures of and probably about 5 or 6 more cards to share once I get photos taken of them.
So here we go…
My birthday card stash is very low so for this week’s CAS on Sunday challenge sketch I decided to make a Birthday card. I went for a more masculine theme since His and Hers online class just finished up and masculine cards are not my strong suit.
I used kraft as the card base and inked it up slightly with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink (I also did this on all the patterned paper pieces as well) I some patterned paper from My Mind’s Eye Sunshine 6×6 Paper Pad, after inking up the edges I adhered both sheets directly to the card base. The plaid-like piece I cut at an angle and I rounded the bottom corners of the text paper. I then stamped stars from two different stamp sets, Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments, and Simon Says Stamp Shoot For The Stars in Memories Unicorn Pigment Ink and stamped over the image slightly offset in both Butter Bar and Tide Pool Hero Arts Shadow Inks. I did the same for the Happy Birthday sentiment from Studio Calico and Hero Arts (I got this set in one of my card kits, and I can’t find the name anywhere on the packaging…) And that was it…Hope you enjoyed :]
So I am participating in the His & Hers Online Card Classes which is AMAZING! I have a very difficult time with masculine cards (like a lot of other crafters/card makers apparently) so I decided to make a His & Her birthday card since my Birthday card stash is VERY LOW!!
I used the same sketch for both the masculine and feminine card and kept both very true to my original idea.
For the masculine card I used paper from the Basic Grey Oxford 6×6 paper pad and a cute little ticket stub die cut that I got in one of my card kits. I inked all of the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. I stamped the sentiment “Lotsa Birthday Wishes” from a Studio Calico (I think) stamp set onto the ticket stub in Red Royal Shadow Ink. Popped the sentiment up on some dimensional adhesive and scattered a few metal stars along the card front. I’m very happy with the way this card turned out.
For the feminine version of this card, I used patterned paper from My Mind’s Eye Happy Day 6×6 paper pad and a die cut pink and white talk bubble that I received (and hoarded away) from one of my card kits. I cut up and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments Stamp Set in Tide Pool shadow ink. I also popped the talk bubble/sentiment up on dimensional adhesive and scattered pearls across the card front.
Now, I have on more card to share. This is one I made for my boyfriend (and accidentally ruined) so I remade it because it’s just too darn cute/funny not to remake it. I used a Unity Stamp set for this card, and just a few copic markers and some glossy accents for the glass part of the glasses (it’s hard to tell in the photo but it is so adorable adding that bit of shine!)
For the CAS(E) this sketch challenge I instantly knew I wanted to use the stamp set that I just recently got in from Unity Stamp Company. And I knew I wanted to pull some of the colors from this weeks Muse. So I used the yellow and blue tones from that and combined it with the sketch from CAS(E) this sketch.
I just did some very simple copic coloring, I am not very good nor do I have many markers and since I am in the process of moving half of my supplies are in a storage unit (including my colorless blender) so I had a bit of a tough time.
I used staz on jet black ink to stamp the sentiment onto the vellum and wrapped it around the front panel.
I used Hero Arts Tide Pool and Soft Pool shadow ink to stamp the clouds. Rounded the top right corner of the panel that has the main image stamped on it and popped it up on some foam adhesive.